Saturday, April 16, 2011

Venting

This short sale business is going to be the end of me.

"We should have the actual approval letter next week."

That's what our realtor said four weeks ago. After jumping at every phone call for days, we finally got this response:

"I just talked to the negotiator, and he'll have something for us the beginning of next week."

We had the pleasure of getting that line two weeks in a row.

"Okay hang in there…the agent talked to the negotiator this evening and was told that we should have it tomorrow."

Tomorrow has come and gone. So has my sanity.

Photobucket

I need a distraction. I need something to snap me out of this transfixed state, frozen in time with my finger just above the big green "go" button.

I'm paralyzed.

I see things happening around me, people moving on with their lives, my children making plans and drawing on furniture. But It's all just a swirl of motion and chatter while I stand here, still, waiting to push this green button. And there's still a slim chance this deal could fall through. But I can't bear to think about that right now.

It feels like I'm watching a fantastic season finale of my favorite show, but just when it gets truly exciting, the story is brutally cut in half and I have to wait three months to find out what happens. Why do shows do that? Do people really enjoy that feeling of being left hanging?

Sorry to be so moody. I blame the steroids (I've got a case of pneumonia). I can blame the prednisone, right?

Difficulty sleeping; feeling of a whirling motion; increased appetite; increased sweating; indigestion; mood changes; nervousness.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm sure the Levofloxacin isn't contributing in a positive way to my grumpiness, either.

Give me a few days. I'll be back to my old self. And I fully realize I have NO RIGHT to be grumpy when I've been so incredibly blessed.

And I promise I won't blog while drugged again. :)


On a happy note, one of my favorite features of the new house:

Photobucket

The third garage has a door installed in both the front and the back.

I can't wait to get going on the fun house-transforming projects we've been concocting, I have so many ideas for our new space!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I absolutely hate the feeling of being in limbo. The just waiting, not being able to prepare, is absolutely the worst feeling. I hope it ends soon, with good news, of course.

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Everytime I see photos of your new house I grow green with envy. lol. If only our hosing market here was like there when we were looking.

And you blogging while sick and drugged is kind of comical. :) Feel better! mentally and physically.

Fire Wife Katie said...

thanks you guys. It's my personal mission to get you to all move to california. there are a ton of great houses available in my neighborhood. Just sayin... :)

LisaDay said...

I hope you get some happy news soon. And feel better.

LisaDay

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...