Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Projects

It seems like everywhere I turn, there's a project to do. How did I end up with so many projects in my life? Don't get me wrong. I like having something to work on, like these paper flowers I made for tonight's activity with the youth group from church:

Photobucket

Or this hair pin project, also for the youth group:

Photobucket

Or these photo books for my children:

Photobucket

I've committed to making one for each child, every two years. There was a screaming deal on the books — get 100 page books for $40 — so I had to take advantage of it. I used to give the book as a present on the even numbered birthdays, but I'm a little behind. (My daughter's birthday was in August, and my son's was in October.)

Oh, and there's the whole searching for and buying a house project. We're in escrow on one, but it's a short sale so I don't want to get too excited about it happening. Actually, I'm just in denial. I can't imagine moving anytime in the next two months.

Which one did we choose?

Photobucket

The grout-laden Cupid house! It's perfect for our family, in spite of the grout, and I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up. Yeah. It's not working, my heart is on the line with this home!

Photobucket

It should be a sign, shouldn't it, that we viewed and submitted the offer on the Cupid house on Valentine's Day?

9 comments:

Cristina said...

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, throw down your hair! Oh, yes, I hope you get the Cupid! (I had my heart set on that one.)

I hope this is just a short list of projects you have to do, else I will feel very sad. I have a whole craft room of projects in my basement. Heeps. I haven't touched a scrapbook in centuries. I'm pretty sure we all look like pioneers in the last one I completed.

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

That house is amazing. I am definitely hoping everything works out. Boy do I know the same stressful feeling of so much being on the line! Its no fun, but fingers crossed you'll soon be handed the keys to this cupid house!

Also.. you should do a "how to" on those paper flowers. Where do you come up with this stuff?!

A Prairie Girl in California said...

ooo! what a beautiful house!! I will cross my fingers you get it:) but short sales can be super crummy:( hope it all turns out in your favor:)

LisaDay said...

I hope you get the house of your dreams.

LisaDay

Jenn said...

Good Luck on your house! I hope it all comes through ok.

The "hair pin" project is really cute. How did you do that? Is it printed on card stock? Oh and yes I agree with the comment above...a how to on the flowers would be awesome ;) So pretty!

mnlop said...

Here's to putting one foot in front of the other. We bought our house from a bank. It does work out, bit by bit by bit.

Tiffany said...

We just built a new house so I know how stressful the hunt can be! Good luck. Hope it all works out well!

Also, I absolutely LOVE the paper flowers. Those are really cute!

Fire Wife Katie said...

Cristina, lol about the pioneers! :) And yes, this is a short list. The amount of projects that go along with YW alone is insane!

And thanks for all of the good house buying vibes!! We need all the help we can get. The lack of information and progress is really deflating. At least there are a ton of good houses on the market right now; if this one falls through, I'm certain we can find another one we love just as much. In fact, I have to stop looking because I don't want to fall in love with another house if we're buying this one. Such a crazy process!!

As for the flowers, you can find the tutorial I used on this blog here:

http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-to-make-recycled-paper-flowers.html

She makes them out of magazines. Beautiful!

Maybe I'll do a post about how to make the hair pins. :) It's really simple, but I need to find a better glue before I put the project out there on the interwebs.

wifeofalltrades said...

Projects are great therapy. Love the flower. I too am living the firewife life. Come visit my blog for more crafts and firefighter blogs. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...