Thursday, March 3, 2011

Poor bird!

My friend Jen over at Cabin Fever in Vermont hosts a monthly photo contest. The theme is birds this month, and this particular shot is the first image that comes to my mind on the subject. Years ago, we were in town visiting my parents at the home I grew up in. We were chatting in the living room and enjoying a lovely summer evening. I happened to glance outside as the sun hit the wall full of floor-length windows just right. The light illuminated this sad tale of bird meets window. Someone snapped a picture of the detailed print created by the oils in the bird's feathers. I'm fascinated by the beautiful dimensionality of it.

Photobucket

Uh - yeah, no worries, I'm sure that bird was just fine...

9 comments:

Cristina said...

Such few times when I am speechless. This is one of those. Not because I am horrified, but because I am laughing. Oh, and poor bird...

Kathryn said...

That. Is. AWESOME!
(sorry, bird)

Missie said...

Poor birdy! But what an awesome picture!

Casey said...

Nature made connect the dots. Fun for almost anyone!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

bwahahaha! That's great! Actually... if you submit this photo I would probably choose to put it on the site, at least for humor's sake ;-)

Fire Wife Katie said...

Jen, the only reason I haven't is because it's not my photo - it belongs to one of my siblings, so I can't take credit for it. But I will post it, just for humor's sake. :)

LisaDay said...

What a fantastic, but sad, shot.

LisaDay

melaniek said...

Poor bird, lol, but an amazing picture!

Fire Wife said...

What an amazing pic! Poor bird, but really interesting photo.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...