Saturday, March 19, 2011

Aquarium - black and white vs. color

We took a trip to the aquarium a week or so ago.

The colors of some of these creatures are so vibrant; I wanted to see how they would translate to black and white. Here are some comparisons for you.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket
(This black and white anemone is probably my favorite shot from the trip.)



Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket
This black and white surprised me; I wasn't expecting the orange to come out so bright!



Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

The jellyfish amaze me. It's hard to believe such crazy entities live under there!

13 comments:

Erin said...

I like the second one with the fish.

Trina said...

I love the last jelly fish shot! Great pics!

SherilinR said...

the jellyfish tentacles really show up in the black & white. and i like the second shot with the fish & you can see the bubble circle & also where the light's really hitting the plants at the top. cool!

Katherine said...

Those pictures are beautiful, in color and black and white. I have to agree - the anemone black and white is just gorgeous. What kind of camera do you have that you were able to get such great low light pictures?

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Wow, I really like these converted to black and white! Actually, it really surprises me considering how, like you said, aquariums are so colorful and vibrant. My fav is the last one. Love the angle. :)

jadenotjaded said...

You are a very talented photographer! I love the shots in b/w but the jelly fish I like better in color! Loved looking at these!

Jenn Erickson said...

What beautiful photos! No matter how many time the kids and I go to the Aquarium, it never ceases to awe and amaze!

Fire Wife said...

Beautiful pics!

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

The camera is an old fuji finepix s6000. The low light shots were done with a lot of patience and a steady hand. We need a new camera.

LisaDay said...

Those translated beautifully to black and white. I was surprised.

Jellyfish amaze me, too.

LisaDay

Donna Boucher said...

I love the baby in front of the round window. Neat composition!
And your angle on the jelly fish is very cool!!!

A Life In Focus Photography said...

i love the bnwhites...

Fire Wife Katie said...

Thanks, guys! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...