Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ahhh, spring in California.

It's that time of year again.

Photobucket

Time for the sun to stand up a little taller and work a little harder at illuminating the corners of my yard.

Photobucket

Time to be shocked when things I planted and thought I had killed mysteriously flourish.

Photobucket

Time for wild temperatures, with delicate blooms one week, only to be destroyed by the threat of snow the next.

Photobucket

Time to stop using the excuse of the ground being too wet to mow the lawn.

Photobucket

"Honey, WHAT are you doing with the grass?"

Photobucket

Aiding and abetting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the little grass bandits!

And by chance does that cute little shirt have a squirrel on it? Cuz Itty Bit has one just like it!!

Katalin said...

Kip, get the mower! :)

Warren Baldwin said...

You have a good eye for photographs. Very nice.

A Prairie Girl in California said...

aaah! I am so with ya girl :D I am so glad it is spring!! and yes , me to, plants are blooming I didn't know were even there!!!!!:)

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

That's a lot of grass! We still have three feet of snow. I forgot how pretty even grass can be :(

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

Katalin- Who needs a mower? I just turn the kids loose in the backyard. Problem solved.

Shell said...

So excited that spring weather is here!

Fire Wife Katie said...

DH never mows back there. It's all me. (Which is why it's not mowed nearly as often as it should be.) Thankfully, it's raining today so I can claim wet ground as my excuse again. :D

Rachel, why yes, there is a squirrel on it! :D

Erika Beth, the Messy Chef said...

Send spring my way! (I wonder how much the postage on that will be...)

Cristina said...

The kids probably don't recognize the grass... Oh wait, that's here in Utah where the snow is covered in snow all winter. *tears*

LisaDay said...

Flowers! Grass! Bare feet.

I am so jealous. But happy for you.

LisaDay

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...