Monday, February 7, 2011

A 6 year old Martha Stewart

It's always fun to see what there is to see on my daughter's desk. She has been spending a lot of quiet, content hours in her room, working away on her perch. She received a stamp set for Christmas that she has been putting to good use.

Photobucket

I bought some Valentine candy — you know, the ones with a "to:" and a "from:" already written on the package — for her to give to her classmates. Since this was not nearly fun enough, my daughter has been meticulously cutting out hearts and decorating them with her stamps. She then thoroughly crosses out each name on the list as she finishes.

Photobucket

The final step, the one she is most adamant about, involves locking her door before she goes to school in the morning to keep the boys out. Apparently, my little men folk don't appreciate the fine art of stamping and think the stamps work better as blocks. Or projectiles. Inky projectiles, at that.

Photobucket

The valentines were not the only treasures on her desk today. This morning I grabbed a shirt and pants for her to wear to school.

"Well... I already have something picked out, Mom," she said as she disapprovingly looked at the outfit I had in my hands.

"You do? Where is it?"

"I don't know where the pants are, but you can look at the picture. See?"

Sure enough, she had drawn pictures to show which outfit she wants to wear each day this week.

Photobucket

I guess I should make sure all of these items are clean!

And last but not least, one evening she asked if she could have a trash can in her room. I told her I'd pick one up the next time I was at Target.

The next day she asked if I had purchased her trash can. When I said that I hadn't gone yet, she let out a humph and walked into her room. Her body language said "ugh, I guess I'll have to take care of it myself!" And take care of it she did. I found this in her room the next day:

Photobucket

She needed a little help sticking a circle she had cut to the bottom of her can, but other than that, she made it by herself. The best part? She still thinks it's fun to put trash in it and dump it out when full. :)

Maybe if my husband makes himself a trash can he'll think it's cool and look forward to emptying it....

15 comments:

Laura Zarrin said...

She's amazing! Good luck with you husband.

Katherine said...

My son has a desk for him to do all his projects at. However, he is not nearly as neat as your daughter.

Shantelle said...

Love it!

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

So does this mean I should let you build a....We're sorry. This comment has been interrupted by the writers internal filter to prevent him from getting into trouble. Your comment will now resume....Gotta love me. ;)

DanielleCorrelle said...

That is so cute!

And I can just imagine what your husband wants to let you build...well, if he's anything like mine at least, haha.

Jenn Erickson said...

I'm impressed! Could she come over and give my 9-year old some lessons?

What an amazing little girl! You must be one proud mama!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Let me know if that works for your husband.. lol.

And your daughter is beyond adorable, especially with the clothes drawing. You definitely should save that drawing for when she's older.

A Prairie Girl in California said...

yep! let me know too, if that works!!! maybe I should get my hubs to build a laundry basket???? ...just sayin:)

Hydrant girl said...

That is SO cute!!

Cristina said...

The best thing is that she seems to be much better tempered than Martha Stewart too :)

Joi said...

She is very talented. :)

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

A Prairie Girl in California- That was one of the things that came to mind....

sim only deals said...

I can just imagine what your husband wants to let you build...well, if he's anything like mine at least, haha.

LisaDay said...

You have a crafty daughter. I am impressed. I particularly liked the drawing of her clothes each day. Too funny.

LisaDay

Kathryn said...

What a creative little girl! But she IS your daughter, after all ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...