Thursday, January 6, 2011

Honorably mentioned

If you subscribe to comments on my blog, you may have seen a less than honorable mention a couple of weeks ago. Rather than engage the writer, I just deleted the comment. (It was too foul for a family blog. Hi, Grandma!) But the email notification of the comment was sitting in my in-box. I shared the fun and sent it to my spouse. You just never know what post or topic is going to hit a nerve. Ah, the perils of blogging!

Photobucket

My guy decided to defend the honor of his damsel in distress. (Well, okay, I may not have the right to claim the title "damsel" after having birthed three children. And I wasn't in distress. More like, matron in disbelief.) You can read his post here. Please don't click if you're sensitive about shopping at Wal-Mart. To the people who shop there, I meant no disrespect. I myself shop at Wal-Mart! The initial comment was simply a reference to the popular blog. And please forgive my husband for his less than politically correct approach to defending his woman. Believe it or not, this is the watered-down version.

In other news, fellow blogger Jen at Cabin Fever in Vermont brought up the point that the Bloggies are currently accepting nominations. And, she suggested readers submit, among others, my blog as a possible contender for the category Best Kept Secret Blog. Thanks for the mention, Jen! And if you would like to consider my blog for the award, you can do so here. (They want three sites nominated at a time, so if you don't have other blogs you love, you can find some suggestions on Jen's post. Or you can pick from any of the fine options listed on my blog list.)

Thanks, to all of you, for letting me blog so randomly about all aspects of life (including this "other woman" in our marriage, a.k.a the fire department) and for overlooking the occasional inappropriate remark. :o

15 comments:

lyndylou said...

ok he's forgiven :)

The Coupon Goddess said...

She can take a flying leap. You are a wonderfully talented blogger and clearly she knows her life pales in comparison. Keep up the great work.

Dr. Army Wife said...

You had your first internet troll! Don't worry about it - your blog is great and you are clearly a very talented artist.

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

I saw your hubby's post. It was oh so chivalrous, just as a husband's reaction should be. You're one tough gal and we know none of that was based in any sort of logic.

Cute photo of you two, by the way :)

Reena Lyon said...

Dude!!! What a tool!!!! Didn't even have the guts to sign in and post!! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is an incredibly poor show of intelligence and in incredibly bad taste to express it in such a derogatory manner. Send a private email for heaven's sake, don't make the rest of us read your (white)-trashy, rude and illiterate remarks! Gutless wonder!!

(Sorry! Having known and loved you guys for as long as I have, this REALLY inflamed me! You can delete my comment if you need to :)

Allyson & Jere said...

Wowzily wowza WOW!! That is an absolutely stunning comment for someone to leave. Like, I can't wrap my mind around anyone being THAT pissed or angry at another persons blog ABOUT dollar store decorations. WOW!

People are just so stupid.

However, your husbands response was totally genius! LOVED it!!! Thank goodness for a loving man to come to your "rescue."

Cristina said...

I already commented on the other blog and I'm still mostly speechless. I say mostly because what I would like to say is not appropriate. But what I will say is this: What beautiful Rapunzel hair!

I do a good job with self-editing, huh? It's because I like you :)

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I can't believe some people. They think they have a right to say everything that comes to mind. Don't you just love our big strong firemen?? :)

LisaDay said...

I am curious. Way to go, hubby, for defending his damsel in distress.

LisaDay

Lindsay Neal said...

That really shocked me, for someone to take the time to read your post and then so horribly disrespect your blog is surprising. And to use such horrid language. I am a new reader to your blog, but I very much enjoy everything I've read. I'm sorry that happened! But I'm proud of your hubby!!

Jenbug said...

I am shocked that someone would write something that horribly mean. I really enjoyed reading your husband's response though! I love love love your blog and your work is so amazing and definitely original. Keep it up :)

Renee Ann said...

I'm glad your husband defended you in whatever terms he wanted to use! Good for him. You have a lovely blog and even tho' I'm just a SITS visitor and don't know you well, I always enjoy your beautiful photos and way with words and can tell you're devoted to your family. Wishing you many blogging joys!

Fire Wife Katie said...

Thanks for the support, guys!! I truly appreciate it. :) As I mentioned elsewhere, while I do shop at Wal-Mart, I try to leave the green maternity yoga pants at home. And for this you should all be very, very grateful. Lol!

Jen, that was a halloween picture from a few years back. :)

Warren Baldwin said...

Sorry you received such a negative comment. I think you handled it well and your husband's response was great. I left a comment there.

I linked to vote for your blog but couldn't see how to do that. I'd be glad to put in a vote for it.

Also, I linked to the Vermont blogger that nominated you. Beautiful photographs! I grew up there and miss the place.

Fire Wife Katie said...

Thanks, Warren! I think the voting may already be over. But I appreciate the gesture. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...