Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas - we have a love/hate relationship.

Photobucket

Love that moment the night before Christmas, when everything is finally wrapped and set up and ready to go.

Photobucket

Look how delirious and happy I am.

Hate that the moment happens at, oh, 4:53 in the morning — approximately 3 hours before the children have convinced me with their pointy elbows and knobby knees that getting out of bed and checking out that pile of presents is the less painful alternative.

Photobucket

Love that my little guy said "Ooooooh!" every time someone unwrapped something.

Photobucket

Hate that my daughter was still so sick. It took all her strength to simply flomp on the couch, open presents from there, then toss them over the side.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love that she enjoyed herself in spite of it all.

Photobucket

There were some very excited sounds coming from beneath that pile.

Love that the boys played so well together.

Photobucket

Hate that the happy peaceful moments flowed — until this grabbing incident, right about here:

Photobucket


Love the cool toys we found for the kids:

Photobucket

Love that I was able to get a cool toy, too.

Photobucket

Hate that the cool toys are tied down with all manner of torture devices.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love that by the end, my daughter finally found some energy to sit up and get excited about the treasure hunt Santa set up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hate stairs.

Photobucket

Love the red retro kitchen at the end of all of the goings up and down the stairs.

Photobucket

Love that my family could enjoy a wonderful, fortunate Christmas together.

Hate that we won't be seeing any extended family this time around, and the phone or facebook will have to do.

Love Christmas day nap time!!

Photobucket

Hate the daunting mess that awaits when I wake up.

Photobucket

Love the sugar rush.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hate that my poor camera doesn't do low-light photos justice. DSLR, I hope to see you in my stocking next year!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love mis-spellings on instructions.

Photobucket

Have I mentioned I hate the packaging?

Photobucket

Love the always slanting December sunlight shining through my windows.

Photobucket

Love enjoying the serenity of the morning after Christmas in peace, while the kids sleep in a little longer than normal after all of the excitement.

Photobucket

Love that my husband was able to be home the day before and help set everything up.

Photobucket

I love my children and feel so lucky to have them with me.

Photobucket

And I love the many true meanings of Christmas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and one last thing. I love Thai food for Christmas dinner!

Making more dishes bad.

Curry good.

Photobucket

I have to agree with the Thai.

Thank you, to a great many people and beings.

And I hope you thoroughly enjoy the holidays with your loved ones.

8 comments:

CK said...

Great pictures! Love your new present, too ;)

Rach said...

Merry Christmas to you & yours!

FireMom said...

Merry Christmas!

We were giggling about misspellings the other night when putting up the TV. Good times.

Erika Beth, the Messy Chef said...

Merry Christmas! It looks like it was a success!

mom said...

You had time to do a treasure hunt?!? I'm very impressed!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

It looks like there is a lot more love than anything else in your Christmas :) And what is the deal with your santa treasure hunt?! I love that idea and think it would be a great idea when we have kids of our own.

Renee Ann said...

I agree--looks like lots of love in those pics!

Fire Wife Katie said...

Thanks guys, there was more to enjoy than to be annoyed at. But seriously? I want to flog whoever decided those twist-tie closures are a good idea! My fingers still haven't recovered.

Jen, last year their dad made a scavenger hunt so the kids could find their new bikes that he had just assembled out in the garage. He decided last-minute this year to make it a recurring tradition, and set it all up instead of going to bed. So the credit goes to him. :) The kids love it, and it's a fun way to mark the end of the festivities.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...