Saturday, November 27, 2010

Today was Thanksgiving for us.

Photobucket

Snitch.

Toward the end of the preparations, I sent my daughter and older son upstairs to put some clean clothes on. They didn't need clean clothes so much as I needed a few moments without them running circles around my knees. That hot oven door is right at their level and it makes it too easy for a little person to accidentally bonk it and get burned when it's open.

Photobucket

My daughter decided her brother needed a little something special; something to honor the formality of a dinner with all 5 pieces of silverware at each place setting. Hence, the tie:

Photobucket

Funny how much time is spent shopping and cooking for this meal, compared to how much time it takes to actually eat it. Especially for a four year old. He was done in five minutes.

Photobucket

Oh, but it was good! And now I, like the rest of you, finally have leftovers in the fridge. Don't think I haven't noticed all of the turkey sandwiches you all have been enjoying!

After dinner, I put the kids in bed and my husband ran out to buy a cord of wood for our first fire of the season.

Photobucket

Let the holidays begin!

(You know what the strangest thing is about celebrating a holiday on a different day? Realizing that I forgot to check the mail.)

10 comments:

The Venturas said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your table looked lovely :)

Ratz said...

Your place looks so great. Just so very beautiful. And yes! let the holidays begin.

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

I know about 'Holidays on a different day' all too well :) Love your little boy's tie. My sisters and I used to dress up in our nicest dresses and do our hair just for fun for Thanksgiving dinner.

Looks like it was great, especially the fire :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Ps. Sent you an email a while back. Where did you get your Etsy badge? Did you make it yourself? I want something like that rather than the "mini Etsy".

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a perfect Thanksgiving dinner, your kids are adorable!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Happy late Thankgiving! You really know how to set a table.

Allyson & Jere said...

Your table looked absolutely gorgeous! Way to go all out. Now, I can't wait to see what Christmas looks like around there.

Fire Wife Katie said...

Thanks! :) It was really good. I'm thankful I don't have to cook like that every day, though!

(Jen, I did make that badge, using gickr.com. Then I just added it to my sidebar as a picture with a link.)

melaniek said...

Happy late Thanksgiving!! Everything looked beautiful!!

Renee Ann said...

Your pics make your home look like such a warm inviting place. I bet you family feels that, too!

LisaDay said...

The tie makes the outfit. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

LisaDay

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...