Friday, November 26, 2010

Los Angeles has it's moments.

Every once in a while, the golden L.A. sunlight will strike me and the leaves with so much force, it knocks me back. I quickly pull out my cell phone to document the battery, cursing my technology for being sub-standard and doing the amazing sunset an amazing disservice. My little cell phone can't capture the details of that orange light slicing in from under heavy gray clouds, illuminating the hills and the eucalyptus trees.

Photobucket

The moment draws my eyes up as I try to drive without crashing. I know there's a rainbow somewhere.

And then, after turning a few quick corners, the moment is over. It's back down to earth, down to the real Los Angeles that swallows up the other 99 moments. Back down to those crowded, narrow, broken streets that I have had no regrets leaving behind.

5 comments:

Cristina said...

Sometimes when I miss home, I remember that I just memories of home... not the actual place, does that make sense? I sure love where I live place. (Now some of the people on the other hand...)

melaniek said...

Beautifully said.

Warren Baldwin said...

The cell phone may not do the justice you'd like, but this is still an awedome picture. I live on the prairie in S W Kansas and don't see many sights like this.

Thanks for the follow on Family Fountain. I'm following the paramedic blog. It is good, and I like this one, too. You are a good writer. wb

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

This will always be home but I never want to live there again. It's my briar patch.

Tamara Jansen said...

I know what you're talking about!!! I take lots of pics with the cell phone because I forget my regular camera but they never turn out as good as they could. Oh well, you still caught the moment!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...