Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Some pre-Halloween sweetness

I was upstairs when I heard my daughter discussing something intently with her four year old sibling. I couldn't figure out what they were talking about. I heard her little brother interjecting at times, adding his opinion. As I came downstairs, this is what I saw:

Photobucket

They are super excited for Halloween, if you can't tell.

Photobucket

Why can't they be this good and this cute all the time? They sat like this, heads together over their project, for a good 45 minutes. Can't I rewind to this harmonious scene and freeze it, before that little boy there took a black marker to the couch in the other room the next day?

Can't I preserve that cushion, the one in the middle that they're resting on, in perfect form — before the baby spilled chocolate milk all over it (on the same day as the marker incident, no less)?

Photobucket

(We'll just overlook the fact that they were, just a short while before, throwing all of the pillows off of the couch onto the floor.)

When I came down, I saw what they were working on. Or, rather, I heard what they were working on — they were writing a song!

*Insert heart melting here.*

video


Photobucket

Here are the lyrics, translated:

What does the world look like outdoors,
Who's there for me?
Exciting stuff
Waiting for me.
Me and you together,
Playing fun stuff!


And just like that, my four year old jumped up, decided he was done being a firefighter, and the moment was over.

"I WUV being a FIREFIGHTER!"

video

Sigh. Love them!

7 comments:

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Aww. Cute beyond words!
Its scenes like this that make we want to start having my own little munchkins. Until I read about the marker... my couch cushions are the kind that don't flip over.

Katherine said...

That is just darling. We have the same moments here, the moments when I think there is nothing more wonderful than my children. And then they start sitting on each other and throwing food.

Allyson & Jere said...

Cutest thing EVER! There really is nothing better than coming upon those quiet, happy little scenes between siblings. They make up for all the screaming, fighting and mischief making. I LOVE that they wrote a song. Just can't get over that one. Sorry bout your cushions though, that's a bummer.

Hydrant girl said...

So sweet!

Rachel said...

Big puddle over here... that was just heartmelting!

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

Me too Baby Dude, me too.

Sarah said...

Awww... they are so cute. love the song - an the handwriting! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...