Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Little Guy!

I'm excited. Four years old is one of my favorite ages.

Photobucket

However, he insists that he's still three. I think he's trying to get a second birthday out of me.

Here is how his birthday went down, in picture form. I sent him off with is father while I decorated with my eager helper daughter.

Photobucket

(Wrapping supplies were from the dollar store, of course.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Patiently waiting while I got the baby up from his nap:

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Insert crashing car sound effects here:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

His birthday dinner of choice:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After all of the celebration, we had a massive, sudden, stunning orange-tinged downpour.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little birthday boy was so sweet. He didn't much care for the lightning. He curled up in my lap and buried his face in my shoulder, quaking each time a peal of thunder breached the walls of the house.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Honey?"

"Don't say 'yes.' Say 'what.'" He is pretty adamant about the correct verbiage.

"Okay. 'What', Honey?"

"I'm going to put my hands over my ears... Is that a happy choice?" He asked with his cute little mispronunciations. He's been asking if choices are happy or bad lately. It's very endearing.

"Yes, that's fine. Don't worry, I've got you." I held him a little closer, careful to navigate around those pointy elbows.

"...Mom?"

"What, Honey?"

"I SUPER don't like lightning."

The storm petered out, and he was back to crashing his cars and overloading on sugar. He may not have enjoyed the downpour, but I sure did! Bring on the rain!

And, for the record, he received some boots to go with his firefighter costume. :)

21 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like a marvelous birthday! Well, except for the not so SUPER thunder, sorry!

Love that he got that awesome clock! My 4-year-old is in a time-telling phase right now :)

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy!
I absolutely love the arrangement of the presents. You are always so classy! And I'm right there with you... bring on the rain :)

Katherine said...

Happy birthday to the four year old. At least he's content not growing up. Ever since my boy turned 4, he's been asking how long until he can turn five.

What a gorgeous looking birthday!

Our Crazy Crew said...

How fun and what great photos! I love watching lightning storms. I hope he learns to love them, too.

Lizzie said...

Spoiled! Lol, what a lucky little guy, looks like lots of fun!

Allyson & Jere said...

Looks like a fantastic birthday for your little blondy. He looks like you.

Ok, you have to tell me. Why did your 4 year old get a wall clock? I'm so curious. But i did totally love the wrapping. It was all so beautiful and color coordinated.

Fire Wife Katie said...

Lol Allyson, his older sister got one so he wanted one. But he has since decided it's better off in the play room; the ticking sound drives him nuts!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Happy B-day to the 10/10 boy!

A couple of things...
did you save a piece of cake for me?!!!!!!!

Did you reallly get Tiffany colored wrapping paper at the $store?

You are a terrific mommy!

nicole@http://theclarks-nicole.blogspot.com/ said...

great blog. love the clock. was that from the $store? stopping by from sits. I cannot believe that wrapping paper from the $store. I need to go in there more often. I hope you can hop on over to my site and check it out. I am now a new follower.

Kristy said...

His birthday dinner of choice is funny! I look forward to four years old as well. Two can be rough and others tell me three is rough too. Ugh.

melaniek said...

Awww. Happy Birthday to the big guy!!! That cake looked amazing!

Ratz said...

Oh this is perfect... happy birthday little fella

Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal said...

Happy birthday to you little guy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and being a part of my SITS day!

Tamara Jansen said...

Happy birthday little man! Loved your post. Those moments pass to quickly so its wonderful to capture them in photo and writing :)

Fire Wife Katie said...

Yes - that wrapping paper from the dollar store? It was fabulous! Nice and thick, way better than the stuff I usually get from Target. Looks like it was from a boutique shop that went under or something.

The clock wasn't from the dollar store - it was from Ross. :)

Fire Wife Katie said...

I should add, though, that I've had bad wrapping paper from the dollar store, too. In my limited experience, the stuff on rolls is good, but the stuff that comes pre-folded is bad.

Cupcake Dreamer said...

Great memories. All of the tasty food pictures definitely made this pregnant woman hungry. :) I love the wrapping you used for all of his presents.

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

GREAT Photos! LOVE that clock!!!

~h

mamarazzipages said...

Oh my that cake looked delicious as well as beautiful! Happy birthday to your little guy.

Tracey Axnick said...

What a cutie pie! LOVE the picture of him eyeing the cake (fruit torte)... so cute!

Enjoy your little ones... my "baby" boy will be 15 on his next birthday ....(sigh).... time goes by SO fast....

Mindy said...

Super cute, and how lovely to tell the story through pictures.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...