Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Naturalist, Part Two

My daughter has completed the nature book that I blogged about back in January. I love this collection of thoughts and pictures. Her misspellings are so cute and intellectual for a five six year old. There are some lovely new additions, to go along with the butrfui, wrm, and the golden arches already featured in the book.

Photobucket

"I was trying to color a bat. But that was WAY when I was little. I think I was only in KINDERGARTEN!"

This is what a bat looks like, now that she's all grown up and in first grade:

Photobucket

I've gotta give it to her; this bat looks much healthier than it did in Kindergarten. Speaking of first grade, she documented some important facts about her first week as a "big kid."

Photobucket

It's true; going into Kindergarten she wasn't able to read, but now she can. This is a valid milestone to document. From an artistic point of view, I love that she drew the book first, drawing the stick figure behind it, to accomplish the effect of having the book in front.

Another noteworthy aspect of first grade — she now has her own desk, which I'm told is very difficult to open and the teacher doesn't help. I'm also told that Cassidy fell on the monkey bars, and Claire's dad has had surgery three times.

Photobucket

Some more entries in her nature book:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this owl, he's one of my favorites.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Clearly influenced by Word World.)

And finally, something that should be carefully noted and documented in every nature book:

Photobucket

But wait, there's more!

Literally.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Hydrant girl said...

That is adorable!

Melissa Creech said...

i was thinking world-world before i saw your note! my kids still love that show.

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

That is so cute! My dad saved all my books I made when I was little. When she is older this book will make you both laugh until you cry in its cuteness :)

Katherine said...

Darling!

My son is always making books, but then they are half a ream of paper, and I'm left between thinking how darling and do I store this or become the worst parent ever and toss it?

Cristina said...

Oh my heavens, I love this so much I can't even express it. So I will just so express it this way: :) :) :)

Ratz said...

OMG!!! Tat is the work of a genius... such a darling!

Our Crazy Crew said...

Lovin the turtle!

melaniek said...

I love the way she spelled "trdl"! just way too cute!!

aprairiegirlincalifornia said...

imagination!! wowee!! gave me my morning smile:) :) thanks!!!

nanc said...

Very cute! I love the spelling.

DanielleCorrelle said...

How precious!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...