Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Birthweek!

Photobucket

Remember when birthdays used to last just one day? My daughter turned six this week. There was the day of the friend party, the day the birthday was celebrated in school, the family party, the time that the people at the restaurant sang to her, and the go to the store and redeem gift certificates day.

Here's a run-down of the birthweek.

Friend party:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

We used these props to take pictures of the kids when they first walked in, and then printed them at the hour photography place to send home with the gift bags:

Photobucket

Which was great in theory, except that our runner didn't return back with the pictures until about three minutes after the party ended. So they just got handed out to the kids instead of being clipped to their bags. But that's what they were supposed to look like!


Photobucket


Slaying the dragon:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Thanks for doing her hair, Bridget!

Photobucket


Family party:

Photobucket

This is the look of "these aren't just pants; these are PURPLE pants!"

Photobucket


Photobucket

This is the look of "if you insist on taking pictures of me, I am SO putting them through a black and white filter to make these dark exhaustion circles under my eyes less obvious!"

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The balloon, that my daughter begged and pleaded to be allowed to take outside. We told her she would lose it. She guaranteed us that she would not let go of it, and would tie it back on to the weights it came with. She walked out the sliding glass door, her knuckles white from gripping the ribbon so tightly.

Photobucket

That's when the neighbor girl asked to see it. She saw it... briefly... before it was too high up to see anymore.


Photobucket

We give the other children little presents to open on their siblings' birthdays. These white boards from the dollar spot were a big hit. My three year old is just barely learning to write letters. I showed him how to write mom,

Photobucket

and this is what he came up with:

Photobucket

He even remembered how to spell it this morning. Love it!


Photobucket

My daughter had a great birthday this year. This was the first big "friend party" that we've attempted. I'm hoping that she is old enough to remember it and appreciate it! The week has come to a close, all of our house guests have left, and we're all looking forward to a nice calm relaxing week of normal.


Photobucket

Some of us more than others.

13 comments:

Ratz said...

Oh.... Pretty!

Our Crazy Crew said...

Wonderful pics...escpecially loved the last one. Don't you feel like that sometimes but are too demure to act it out? Lol!

Cristina said...

Personally... I throw a fit all the time and don't care to act demure :)

I love the pictures. My birthday is December 2nd and would like a cowgirl party, Katie. Will you throw me one? I think you did a spectacular job and I have no doubt at all that she will remember this forever. If not, your husband will have a fit that he had to dress like that for nothing. I'm sure he will make sure she remembers :)

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

That last photo made me laugh. And what a great theme for a party. I am sure she will remember it and your photos will definitely help :)

Fire Wife Katie said...

Lol, no worries there Christina, he's a firefighter -- he LOVES playing dress-up! :D And yes, I felt just like the baby did, only I was too tired to let it show that clearly. :p

Katie said...

Such a gorgeous family you have! Thanks for sharing your daughters birthweek with us!

I love the party idea! Wish I had a little girl to put in princess stuff! :-)

Cristina said...

So... is that a yes on my cowgirl party then?

Hydrant girl said...

Fantastic pictures!

Katherine said...

What a great party!

It does seem like birthdays get bigger and bigger. It does seem like there is more of a birthweek.

aprairiegirlincalifornia said...

lovely pictures!! your daughter will remember this one I am sure!!!!

Kristy said...

What a great theme!

Reena Lyon said...

Jared and I were soo amazed with the decor, the trogdor, the kippie, everything! It was like a princess party but it didn't look like pepto bismal threw up everywhere. Great job! Did you do one of your photobooks this year for Kyra too? Wish we could have been there to celebrate!

I'm totally doing a trogdor pinata for Jared's birthday next year!

SarahB said...

Looks like a great party! The photos are a fabulous idea! And the exhaustion - that's just a sign they had fun, right? :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...