Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wordless Wednesday

Or, in my case, slightly less wordy Wednesday. :)

The tail end of the sunset last night; the days only get shorter from here on out.


Photobucket


The kids had finally gone to bed and the house was still. Most of the binds and curtains were closed, but I happened to see a sliver of pink slipping past. I crept upstairs and opened a window in the unusually quiet toy room. Normally, I don't see the sunset because it happens right at the time I'm reading bedtime stories. This time, I pulled a chair up to the opening, sat in the thin purple evening light, and enjoyed the fact that the gentle ambient noise outside of my house was louder than the noise inside of it.

12 comments:

The Coupon Goddess said...

That is a beautiful shot. Just amazing!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Love the colors! Glad you got to soak it in :)

Brimful Curiosities said...

That is one gorgeous sky!

jadenotjaded said...

I feel peaceful just reading this!

Emily said...

Beautiful!

Mhel said...

just magical......

Katie Gates said...

Beautiful photograph! And I loved the commentary, too, particularly re the noise outside and in.

Fire Wife Katie said...

Thanks! It really was a blissful little moment. :)

melaniek said...

Beautiful sunset!

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Found you through a friends blog. I'm your newest follower. :-)

KyAnn

http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

Summer dusk is absolutely one of my favorite things. I have taken to long walks at this time of day. I'm enjoying the long days so much, that the thought that the days are getting shorter makes me sad.

Jessica said...

All mothers need more sunsets :) Glad you caught one

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...