Thursday, June 17, 2010

"And the award goes to..."

"...the most scatterbrained mom on the web! Congratulations, Katie!"

I want to thank Debbi at This Lovely Life, Jessica Anne at Adventures with Three Girls, M at Betty Crapper, and Cheri at CheGo2 the Kitchen for thinking of me this month!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

There's rules attached to accepting these awards, usually involving a post of random tidbits about me. For the seven things that you may not know, I'll list the top indicators that I have, indeed, lost my ability to string two coherent thoughts together over the past 5 years.

1. I recently gave someone my home phone number. I gave her the wrong number. I've had this number for over a year, people. A year!

2. I beg my firefighter to call my cell phone for me so that I can locate it. Probably five times a week. I'd call on the land line, but we decided to just have the long distance on our cell phones. Thank goodness I can send him a text through the computer on the days he's gone!

3. I drew a blank on a friend's name, one whom I have been seeing for the past SIX MONTHS. Someone asked who I was talking about, and I had nothin'. "Ummm... you know, my friend!"

4. I have been carrying around a ten dollar bill in my wallet to give to another friend that I need to repay for lunch, for over a month. I see her at least two times a week.

(My poor friends! They seem to get the brunt of my absentmindedness.)

5. Don't even get me started on calling my children by the wrong names!

6. Unfortunately, the plants on my back patio that need regular watering are a sad personification (plantification?) of my inability to remember things. The ones that are on my sink, right in front of me, get watered more often. By my daughter. (Remind me to put them on plates; the dirt river that flows down to the sink after she waters them is making my counter really dingy.)

7. During my morning afternoon routine, I often forget if I've already used the shampoo, the conditioner, put my lotion on, or applied deodorant. I'm always sniffing, to see if the appropriate areas smell like they're supposta.

Here's hoping that the recent sleeping through the night will help me find where I put my brain. I miss it.

Okay, the next rule involves passing the award on to seven other bloggers.

Photobucket

Here's a list of some of the most beautiful, versatile, and trendy blogs I follow:







A Volunteer Firefighter's Wife 

Really, though, you can click on any of the blogs on my left sidebar there and find something lovely. Thanks for all the good reads!

On another note, you may have noticed that I changed the name of my blog. I decided it would make more sense if the title matched my URL, so "Fire Wife Katie" it is. I'm hoping that this change doesn't trip up anyone's reader!

4 comments:

Jenny C said...

Seems to still come through fine on my reader. :)

Fire Wife Katie said...

Oh good! Thanks for the feedback about that, Jenny!! I didn't think it would cause a problem, since the URL is still the same, but you never know...

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Your URL worked just fine for my reader!

Don't feel bad. I think in the last month I've done at least five of the seven things on your list. And thank you for the award! You rock :)

Hydrant girl said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing those links, now I have some more great reading this morning.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...