Friday, May 28, 2010

A dollar store tribute to chocolate

I didn't intend to go to the dollar store and buy lots of chocolate, it just happened that way. Impulse shopping is really bad there.

I couldn't help myself when I saw these. For any of you who played games at our old apartment, you know why I had to grab a bag or two. They're usually at least $2.00 at the store, when they're on sale.

Photobucket

That oven in our old place! I hated that thing. It would never work. For some reason, if it was a warm day, the gas oven had a hard time staying on. I would have to pull the broiler pan out all the way, lay on my back and whack a random pipe in the back with a long grilling spatula (a trick someone once showed me that actually worked) to get the pilot light to ignite the oven. Very graceful. But I really wanted these little cookies.

I also picked this up on my recent trip, which has since been dubbed "chocolate mountains" by my three year old.

Photobucket

Total impulse buy.

I grabbed some of these too, apparently it wasn't just chocolate I was craving.

Photobucket

Maybe I was subliminally trying to make myself feel better. Or, I knew that if I didn't get some of these, I'd be having chocolate mountains the next time I needed something quick and easy to eat.

I got a soap dish, too. I couldn't find a non-plastic one at Target for less than $3.00, so I was happy to find this.

Photobucket

But this... this is almost too good to share.

Photobucket

I run the risk of depleting the stash at the store by posting this. For the sake of my hips, I'm looking past my selfish desires and sharing my find with the world.

Photobucket

The kicker? This isn't a standard pint-sized container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Photobucket

This is a quart. "Size matters," indeed.

15 comments:

cheri said...

oh, what a find! love the dollar stores :)

from SITS :)

Mhel said...

Ahhhh you got me on the quesadillas and Ben&Jerry's... Great finds!

analyn2 said...

Yeah!! You'll have to let me know how the Lean Cuisine's are. I was thinking of getting them and didn't since I've never had them. Anyways, I can't wait to go back to that place I LOVE it!! ;)

Cheryl D. said...

You hit the jackpot!

Libby said...

I love the dollar store!!! I think that's what I miss most about living in Holland.
When I was little, I used to go with my mom and she would always say I could spend $5 which to me was like magic...FIVE DIFFERENT THINGS?!?! Sigh.
My mom told me the dollar stores have gotten fancy...I this post just proved it.

M said...

Your dollar store has chocolate fudge brownie? I live in the wrong place.

Allyson & Jere said...

You actually buy food items at the dollar store? i don't know why, but that has always scared me. So glad you were able to fix your chocolate craving, AND find a soap dish. haha

Kristle Jones said...

Wow! Gotta get my tush to the Dollar Store!

Nolie said...

I think you bought way too much chocolate and need to share some with me. Stopping by from SITS!

Shell said...

A quart sized for a dollar????

Don't worry, I'm across the country from you. So, I will just deplete the supply from MY local store.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

You found the best deals. The ice cream was a great score. Stopping from SITS!

SoMo said...

Dude, I have never found anything that good at the Dollar store. I am going to have to slow down in the cold section next time. All I have ever seen are off brands or teeny tiny sizes. I will continue to look. God help my butt.

The Coupon Goddess said...

I think I need to move. $1.00 Ben and Jerry's. Incredible! I'll come and help you get rid of it. :)

snarflemarfle said...

My Dollar Tree doesn't have a freezer/cold section! At which dollar store exactly do you shop?

Fire Wife Katie said...

Snarflemarfle, I shop at the chain called 99c Only, and occasionally at the Dollar Tree. Both of which have a freezer section, we're really lucky in this area. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...