Tuesday, January 19, 2010

She was vintage before retro was cool.

We were lucky to inherit some mid-century pieces of furniture from my husband's grandma.

Photobucket

I love the lines of these tables. When his aunt dropped them off, she told my firefighter that these wood pieces have been around since she was a little girl.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also love that the drawers and cupboards have no hardware other than the pulls–they simply slide along their carefully crafted grooves.

Photobucket

But what I love most is that the furniture still carries the exact scent of his grandma's house and I think of her every time I sit down.

3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You're furniture is in incredible shape! My furniture is mostly hand-me downs. I am hoping for a brand new couch when we get our tax returns back!

christy rose said...

I love all of those pieces of furniture. Isn't it cool how everything comes back around?

brian said...

Dang! I secretly LOVE that mid-century modern stuff. Those pieces look great. I have one chair from the 50s (been in the family) but I'd do my whole house like that if I could :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...