Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A surprise date

After a string of very long days last week, my firefighter told me he was going to take the family on a date. He kept the destination a secret. He told us that it involved a bit of driving, to dress warmly, and to bring the camera.

Photobucket

My daughter (after getting over her excitement about going on a DATE!) decided based on those clues that we were headed to the Arctic.

Photobucket

She did not think the car wash was an adequate surprise date location.

Photobucket

However, a trip to San Francisco and Ghiradelli Square for dessert, was. Is that Ghiradelli chocolate ice cream goodness with a cherry on top?

Photobucket

Why yes, yes it is.

Photobucket

Some pictures of the trip:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We headed north to look for bio luminescent waves.

Photobucket

We didn't find glowing waves this time, but we did get to see the moon rise across the water.

Photobucket

I love that my firefighter planned the whole thing. We had a great time.

(Minus the vomit incident on the 1, and the subsequent car seat clean-up.)

4 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

How fun! Beautiful photos! You are very gifted.

Katie said...

Thanks, Stacie! *blushing*

Hayley said...

I love those unexpected family dates too!

I found your site on firewives. . . I'm enjoying your thoughts and beautiful photography!!

Katie said...

Thanks, and Hi! I can't take all the credit for the photos; my firefighter took several of them. :) He's artsy fartsy, he just hasn't accepted that yet.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...