Saturday, August 8, 2009

Treasure Hunt

I took my daughter to Target to stock up on supplies for Kindergarten this week.

Photobucket

Does she look ready to go to school to you? I can tell you one thing for certain, of the two of us, I'm much less ready for her to be in Kindergarten.

While we were away, her dad decided to set up a treasure hunt for her.

Photobucket

(It's what happens when you watch 13 hours of Blue's Clues in a car.)

Photobucket

It was very sweet of him to do it.

Photobucket

My daughter was wide-eyed and giggly when she saw the first clue.

Photobucket

I love the pictures he drew.

Photobucket

I also love that it's written in the standard all caps handwriting of the industry.

Photobucket

"MOM!! This has a picture of the BATHTUB on it!!"

Photobucket

She thought that was a very silly hiding place.

Photobucket

Of course, now she has asked for a treasure hunt every day since then.

Photobucket

I can't blame her. I thought it was pretty cool, too!

Photobucket

She wouldn't eat the banana, even with such an elaborate bribe. Apparently we're not very good at bribing!!

3 comments:

Hydrant girl said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! My mom used to do that for us at Easter, and I'll have those memories forever, as will she.

Fiddle1 said...

Awesome dad!!!!

mnlop said...

Your illustrations are awesome, fire dad!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...