Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sprucing up the window treatments

I love the bedding I found for my infant. It's difficult to find something stylish within a reasonable price range for baby bedding! I got mine from JoJo Designs on eBay, land of pretty and affordable baby bedding.

One thing I'm not fond of, however, is window valances. They seem thin, flompy, and don't have much presence. And they really don't work with the hardware that I have to work with at the moment.

Photobucket

So, I decided to make full-length curtains out of them to give them more oomph.

Photobucket

You can see the new paint job, too. All I have to say about that is I want to flog the person who decided that drop-down texture is a good idea. I'm still filling in the tiny pockets of white that keep showing up on that dark wall. I do love the colors, though!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a definite upgrade!!

Dawn (Dandy) said...

Very nicely done! It looks fantastic and the color is the perfect pop.

Hollie said...

I am here from your link on apartment therapy. I'm also making a nursery in turquoise and chartreuse. Your walls are beautiful, hope mine end up as nice. Love how you fixed the curtain too

Anonymous said...

Hello! What are the paint colors that you used? It is really hard to find the right ones.

Katie said...

Hi, Anonymous! The colors I used were Benjamin Moore - Venezuelan Sea for the turquoise, and Clear Skies for the light blue.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...