Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So what REALLY goes on at the fire station?

It's a world shrouded in mystery - a mystery which I'm about to unveil. What do these guys (and gals) do in their free time? The answer??

Behave like boys.

Here are some of the pictures of station life that have made their way to my computer. They:

lounge around after dinner,
Photobucket

watch movies,
Photobucket

play games,
Photobucket

they train (and assume the training stance - hands on suspenders, feet apart),
Photobucket

Photobucket

Thoroughly enjoy practical jokes (that's melted marshmallows in those boots),
Photobucket

Photobucket

freeze things,
Photobucket

make the probie pick up dog poop (this poor probie, he put up with a lot - he was a good sport),
Photobucket

taunt each other,
Photobucket

break the furniture,
Photobucket

they... oh goodness... I don't want to know...
Photobucket


But here, folks, are the most deeply held secrets about life at the fire station...


These guys COOK!!
Photobucket

AND CLEAN!!
Photobucket

(at least, the probie cleans.)

Photobucket

They do these things on a regular basis - and they do it with a smile!

But when it comes down to it, they're still just a bunch of goofballs.

Photobucket

3 comments:

McFadden Family said...

I love this post, it's so true! :0) I'm a firefighter's wife too and I'm glad to have stumbled upon your blog. I will be following! :0)

Katie said...

Glad to see you here! Every time I stop by the fire station I feel like I'm the equivalent of Mom walking in on all the fun and bringing it to a screeching halt. :)

mrsk2 said...

Sounds like all FD's are the same! I love it--complete with pictures. My favorite part is the cooking and cleaning. Now THAT is a well-kept firehouse secret! (I'm forever giving my hubby a hard time about all the stuff he does at the FD, but drags his feet to do at home.)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...