Sunday, June 7, 2009

Over dinner

Photobucket

In-n-Out, Mountain Dew, and a lesson on trench shoring and rescue. Yep, sounds about right for an evening around here. Although usually, I get lessons on heart rhythms over dinner. Or venting a roof. It's an odd job that requires one to know how to read an EKG AND how to use hand tools to tear up a roof. Brains and brawn. No wonder firefighters are so sexy!

Photobucket

For those of you who are sitting at your computer, just dying to know how to shore up a trench safely, here's the visual that my firefighter drew for me during my lesson:

Photobucket

For those of you who are NOT dying to know how to shore up a trench, don't worry - a trench doesn't need to be shored up if it's less than 5 feet deep. Phew.

Happy digging!

2 comments:

Mountain Woman said...

I just discovered your blog and it's really fantastic. Fabulous photos and great writing. I enjoyed my time here. I really admire your husband for the work he does.

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I checked out your blog - what a beautiful part of the country you live in. It's so green!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...